Tips to Play Baccarat
Ever get intrigued by a James Bond-style gambling game? If so, Baccarat is highly recommended for you. Baccarat is a simple and exciting game that is easy to learn and also full of suspense. There are three possible outcomes in this game — a player wins, a banker wins and a tie — the dealer AKA the banker pretty much does all the work during the game.
It doesn’t matter how many people are playing, only two hands are dealt, one is the banker, and the other is the player. Any bettors can bet on either banker or player’s hand. Be noted that the “Banker” does not refer to the house.
The first step, of course it is placing your bets, you can either bet on banker or player or a tie. Bets must be placed before the cards are dealt. The Banker begins the game by dealing the cards. The Banker stands in front of the players at the centre of the Baccarat table in order to reach every place on the table. Two cards are dealt to both the Player and the Banker.
After that comes the point calculation. Point calculation in Baccarat is different from most games such as Blackjack. What is different about Baccarat is that Nine is the highest score and that Ten, Jack, Queen and King are all calculated as zero points. With that, cards of other value are worth their face value, and ace being one point. While adding up the point value, if it reaches a double digit, the second digit will become the value of the hand. This means that if the hand has 15, his score is 5. Only a bet on the hand that is the closest to 9 will win.
How are the cards dealt? Yes, four cards will be dealt in the table, two on the Banker’s hand and two on the Player’s hand. The first card will be placed in the Player box while the following card is placed in the Banker box. This is repeated until each box has two cards. The rule for drawing a third card in Baccarat is very clear. A third card is drawn if neither hands are a total of 8 or 9, the dealer may draw an additional card on one or more hands, depending on its total.
Player’s hand: When first two cards total
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10||Draws a card|
|8, 9||Natural or Stands|
|First two cards total||Draws when player’s third card is||Stands when player’s third card is|
|3||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10||8|
|4||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7||1, 8, 9, 10|
|5||4, 5, 6, 7||1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10|
|6||6, 7||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10|
|8, 9||Natural or Stands|
|0, 1, 2||Draws a card|
There are a few exceptions. A natural, as noted above, stops play with no further draws. And if the player has one of its other two standing hands, 6 or 7, the banker stands on 6 as well as 7, 8, and 9.
And that’s it. Neither hand ever gets more than three cards. After the hands have been played out, the hand totaling closer to 9 wins. Winning bets are paid off at even money. Ties push, neither hand wins nor loses.
How are the bets calculated? Well let’s look at each hand, if the Banker’s hand wins, a winning bet will be paid even money, which we know as 1 to 1. If the Player’s hand wins, a winning bet on this hand is also paid even. But, if it is a tie, a winning bet on this is paid with 8 to 1.
STRATEGIES FOR BACCARAT
Understanding the numbers in the game can be very helpful to your winning strategy. The lowest house edge you will find that in all casino games, the house edge in baccarat is very player-friendly. The casino only has 1.4% advantage on bets on the Banker, which is one of the better odds you will find both online and in live casinos.
Other Mathematical Facts
- The odds of a Player’s hand winning are just slightly lower than the odds of the Banker’s hand losing. The Player’s hand will win 44.62% of the time. The Banker’s hand will lose 45.85% of the time.
- Ties are rare, but that doesn’t mean they don’t happen. There’s a 9.53% chance that a tie will happen. The payoff for a tie is high, but the house has a huge advantage on these bets.
- The Banker’s hand wins about 51% of the time if you factor out the tie. This 1% is a very marginal advantage, but it’s slightly better than the 50-50 odds. You can bet on the Banker’s hand to win if you’re unsure what bet to make.
Baccarat Bets and Odds
- Minimum bets for mini-baccarat tables are normally around $25, and the larger tables are about $100. These minimum bets become a lot higher at the table in the exclusive are in the larger casinos. Although there are some bets with a ridiculously low house edge, you could potentially lose a lot quite quickly because of the slightly higher than average minimum betting amount. Comprehending the odds will help minimize the losses.
- While the 8-to-1 seems tempting, the reality is that the true odds of a tie are much longer than this, and this bet has a house edge of over 14%. It’s not recommended to bet on a tie, but if you’re feeling lucky, why not! Just try not to make it a habit of it because you will end up losing all your cash.
- The odds of the Banker winning are a little higher than the Player winning because the Banker’s hand is determined after the Player’s hand. This means that the Banker knows what he has to beat before deciding whether to draw a card. However, a player who wins a Banker bet must pay a 5% commission to the house and this evens the odds out a bit.
- The baccarat house edge on banker bets is 1.17% as opposed to 1.36% percent on player bets even with the 5% commission. This means there is really no reason to ever bet on the Player other than the enjoyment of “betting on your hand”.
- The usual method is that the players use the sheets provided to track the wins and losses of the Player and the Banker. By doing so they will try to bet on the one with the highest possibility of winning. The reality is that in the long term odds have little effect on short term results and the Banker will beat the player a little more than half the time even if the banker has won the many hands in a row.
- However it’s up to you to try it out and see if you prefer playing by using this method or not. Baccarat is a game of chance and there’s not much you can do to affect the odds as soon as a hand has started, but you can test out the baccarat card counting method. You can try both methods and see works best for you or see which helps you win more.
What Not to Do When Playing
While there is nothing you can do to improve the odds of winning, there is a baccarat strategy of staying clear of a few things so you avoid inadvertently decreasing your odds:
- Don’t start betting without knowing the basic rules first.
- Start playing after you check the minimum bets. Baccarat has a higher minimum bet than most games, and it differs from different casinos. Make sure you know what is the minimum bet before placing your chips.
- Don’t keep placing bets on a tie because ties only occur about only once every 9.5 hands so you could lose a lot of money by waiting for this outcome.
- Don’t continue betting for a long time when you are on a winning streak. You are more likely to lose it all on a lost bet.
Playing baccarat can be very tempting at times and sometimes you would not want to leave for the casino just because you’re just too lazy to get ready and make that long drive. With the uprising technology, there are now online baccarat websites like 918kiss, mega888 and scr888 where you can bet online without leaving and get dressed up to go to the actual casino. All the comfort and fun at home with no worries. The gameplay for online and real life baccarat are about the same. You can even give the virtual version a try before hitting the casino floor like a pro. Make it a practice run before going for the marathon. What are you waiting for? Give online baccarat a shot today!
To learn more casino articles, click links below: